Recipe Exploration: Strumpet’s Super Simple Pasta Salad
Name: Strumpet’s Super Simple Pasta Salad
By: Renee (based on Strumpet’s Recipe)
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 package pasta (bowtie was used)
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 lemon (or lemon juice equivalent)
- 1 package baby mixed greens – whichever kind you like best
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (can use flavored if you like)
- ½ cup to a cup parmesan (shaved or grated)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- While waiting for the pasta water to boil, brown the sausage. Add in the mushrooms and peppers and saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Toss sausage mixture in with the salad.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon out of the lemon
- Chop (mince) garlic and mix with the lemon juice and oil.
- Drain pasta and toss in salad. Add lemon dressing and toss again.
- Add parmesan toss a final time. Sprinkle with feta.
- If all of it isn’t gone that night, this will serve as a cold salad the next day.
- It’s good with fresh cracked black pepper.