Archive for April 25, 2012
April 25, 2012 Leave a comment
Name: Baked Ziti
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 pound Ziti
- 1 pound lean ground beef or Italian Sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese
- 6 oz sliced mozzrella cheese (can use shredded if you don’t have sliced)
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown beef or sausage over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; saute until tender. Drain off fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a lightly greased 3 quart baking dish, place about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Spread on a layer of sour cream and half the spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Cover with remaining pasta, cheese and sauce; sprinkle a layer of Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.
- You can substitute any tubed pasta. I used penne.