Sometimes, I get by with a little help from my friends. These are friends who love food as much as I do and introduce me to their favorite places to eat in the city.
I have Jay and Renee Valentine, fellow bloggers/podcasters and past guests on Deliciously Louisville, to thank for introducing me to Stevens and Stevens Deli, a hidden gem of a lunch spot on Bardstown Road.
This past weekend we had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with Lance Nelson Porter! We took some props with us with us being the gamers that we are we took some dice, some controllers and a mouse. It was a blast helping him out as he’s doing a 365 day project. We are so proud how they turned out! Please check them out here!
The @Valentine Podcast Show Notes
Coming to you, from Louisville, KY! It’s the @Valentine Podcast with your Caper dropping couple, J and Renee Valentine.
Intro Music – Who Loves Me by Pretty Lights – http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/#/home
Today is Monday, April 30, 2012 and this is Episode 58!
- Home Depot gives back to the paver fund!
- Don’t drop the capers
- Diaper party
- Dance Recital
- Renee is Famous! (Really!)
Tech (Gadgets, Computers, etc.)
- Hulu requires you to pay
Media (Movies, Games, Books, Television Shows, Music)
- Movies By Chance: Result: 148 – Primal Fear; 120 – Punch Drunk Love – FAIL!!!
- Movie for Next Week: 67 – Mary and Max; 63 – MILF
- Back into Tera
- Transformers Prime
- Buckheads returning fries (how I hate returning food)
- Captain’s Quarters
Odds and Ends (Bumper provided by Johnny Feisty)
- Correspondent’s dinner. Jimmy Kimmel cross eyed?
- Thank you Darrell!
- Lock n Lock experiment
- J got snobby
- Norah Butt’s Birthday Tuesday
Podcast of the Week (Until we run out of Podcasts)
- The Flog – Geek and Sundry (http://www.youtube.com/geekandsundry)
You can reach us by email at email@example.com. You can also see our blog at valentinecast.com. The podcast Twitter feed is ValentineCast. You can also call us at (415) 758-2278 Video can be seen at http://youtube.com/ValentineCast J’s Twitter feed is theCaoboi and Renee’s twitter feed is theIceflow
Outro Music: Pretty Lights – If I Gave You My Love
I tend not to buy games the day they are released because I’m so behind on playing them. But I might have to make an exception for this one.
It looks like a movie! Can’t wait!
So as we spoke about on our second episode of our podcast. J made sloppy joes and they were so delicious! They were very simple to make and just a little time. I doubled the recipe so that we would have leftovers. Also with the meat I put in half ground turkey and half ground beef to make it some what a little more healthy. If you give it a try let us know we’ll like to know how it turns out for you!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Episode 2 - The Peculiar Ones
Coming to you, from Louisville, KY. It’s the @Valentine Podcast with your peculiar couple, J and Renee Valentine.
Intro Music – @Valentine Podcast Theme song by Nate Scott a.k.a 8bitM3 – http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitM3
Today is Monday, March 21, 2011 and this is Episode 2! We made it!
- 24 Update
- Peculiar and Rebecca Black
- Renee’s mother getting a new laptop off of Woot
- Almost got a new dog
- Running shoe disaster
Media (Movies, Games, Books, Television Shows)
- Batman Arkham CityTrailer (10-18-2011)
- Music by The Heavy “Short Change Hero”
- Tiny Wings on the iPhone
- Darksiders ($10 sale)
- WoW (or lack of it)
- New Wonder Woman TV Show Costume
Tech (gadgets, computers, etc.)
- How J’s Ubuntu situation is going
- Renee learning .NET again
- Lasagana Cups
- Homemade Sloppy Joe’s
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Jalapenos (will be trying from Palatinus’ suggestion)
Odds and Ends
- Amazon Subscription Service
Podcast of the Week (Until we run out of Podcasts)
- Coverville! http:// www.coverville.com
- Cover Stories
- A Capella Series
- Request Series
- Indy Series
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The podcast Twitter feed is http://www.twitter.com/atvalentineblog. J’s Twitter feed is www.twitter.com/theCaoboi and Renee’s twitter feed is www.twitter.com/theIceflow
Outro Music Talib Kweli “So Low”
Welcome to our blog. We have a lot of things coming soon. Hold on to your shorts and it’s going to be a wild ride!
Griping about how there was baby corn in my pasta dish.
J: Oh, did baby corn pwn you again?
Me: I just ate around it. It didn’t pwn me! Stupid noob corn.
J: That’s basically what it is:
So the Valentines put up their first tree. It’s artificial when I’m used to getting real but artificial is less hassle and it’s just as pretty. I am adoring being married and it’s all I could ever hope for.
Hope everybody had a great holiday.
Typing to each other on IM:
Him (talking about Twitter): @ Me Baby One More Time like the Backstreet Boys!
Me: Ok, but just so you know Hit Me Baby One More Time was Britney Spears, not the Backstreet Boys.
Him: Oh really? But didn’t Backstreet Boys = Britney Spears x 5?
Him: I’m just saying!