Originally posted on Valentine Mom:
Last night, J and I got one of the surprises of our lives. A month or so ago, our awesome friend Kim Price said she wanted to come on our show June 9th to make an announcement. She wouldn’t tell us what what it was but we love having her on the show in general so of course we agreed. We tried guessing but she kept her lips tightly shut! We guessed she’s getting married, moving, having kids, etc. Nothing!
June 9th arrives and by text earlier that day, she tells us she’s nervous. Now we are really stumped. Why would she be nervous? We call her on Skype and shit talk for a little bit before the show (we love that chick.) There are sooooo many people in chat room but I didn’t think anything of it because it’s Kim! Of course there would be a lot of people…
View original 492 more words
Daaaw Thanks @AsheleeEats for highlighting such a wonderful lunch we had with you! Can’t wait to go again for another adventure!
Originally posted on Ashlee Eats:
Sometimes, I get by with a little help from my friends. These are friends who love food as much as I do and introduce me to their favorite places to eat in the city.
I have Jay and Renee Valentine, fellow bloggers/podcasters and past guests on Deliciously Louisville, to thank for introducing me to Stevens and Stevens Deli, a hidden gem of a lunch spot on Bardstown Road. The Valentines raved about this restaurants wide selection of sandwiches, tasty toppings and good prices and invited me to join them for an early weekday lunch. They had me at sandwiches.
I’ve driven or walked by Stevens and Stevens dozens of times without noticing this restaurant. I blame the odd restaurant/roommate situation. The deli shares a space with Ditto’s Grill near the busy intersection of Bardstown Road…
View original 546 more words
This past weekend we had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with Lance Nelson Porter! We took some props with us with us being the gamers that we are we took some dice, some controllers and a mouse. It was a blast helping him out as he’s doing a 365 day project. We are so proud how they turned out! Please check them out here!
The @Valentine Podcast Show Notes
Coming to you, from Louisville, KY! It’s the @Valentine Podcast with your Caper dropping couple, J and Renee Valentine.
Intro Music – Who Loves Me by Pretty Lights – http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/#/home
Today is Monday, April 30, 2012 and this is Episode 58!
- Home Depot gives back to the paver fund!
- Don’t drop the capers
- Diaper party
- Dance Recital
- Renee is Famous! (Really!)
Tech (Gadgets, Computers, etc.)
- Hulu requires you to pay
Media (Movies, Games, Books, Television Shows, Music)
- Movies By Chance: Result: 148 – Primal Fear; 120 – Punch Drunk Love – FAIL!!!
- Movie for Next Week: 67 – Mary and Max; 63 – MILF
- Back into Tera
- Transformers Prime
- Buckheads returning fries (how I hate returning food)
- Captain’s Quarters
Odds and Ends (Bumper provided by Johnny Feisty)
- Correspondent’s dinner. Jimmy Kimmel cross eyed?
- Thank you Darrell!
- Lock n Lock experiment
- J got snobby
- Norah Butt’s Birthday Tuesday
Podcast of the Week (Until we run out of Podcasts)
- The Flog – Geek and Sundry (http://www.youtube.com/geekandsundry)
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also see our blog at valentinecast.com. The podcast Twitter feed is ValentineCast. You can also call us at (415) 758-2278 Video can be seen at http://youtube.com/ValentineCast J’s Twitter feed is theCaoboi and Renee’s twitter feed is theIceflow
Outro Music: Pretty Lights – If I Gave You My Love
I tend not to buy games the day they are released because I’m so behind on playing them. But I might have to make an exception for this one.
It looks like a movie! Can’t wait!
So as we spoke about on our second episode of our podcast. J made sloppy joes and they were so delicious! They were very simple to make and just a little time. I doubled the recipe so that we would have leftovers. Also with the meat I put in half ground turkey and half ground beef to make it some what a little more healthy. If you give it a try let us know we’ll like to know how it turns out for you!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Episode 2 – The Peculiar Ones
Coming to you, from Louisville, KY. It’s the @Valentine Podcast with your peculiar couple, J and Renee Valentine.
Intro Music – @Valentine Podcast Theme song by Nate Scott a.k.a 8bitM3 – http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitM3
Today is Monday, March 21, 2011 and this is Episode 2! We made it!
- 24 Update
- Peculiar and Rebecca Black
- Renee’s mother getting a new laptop off of Woot
- Almost got a new dog
- Running shoe disaster
Media (Movies, Games, Books, Television Shows)
- Batman Arkham CityTrailer (10-18-2011)
- Music by The Heavy “Short Change Hero”
- Tiny Wings on the iPhone
- Darksiders ($10 sale)
- WoW (or lack of it)
- New Wonder Woman TV Show Costume
Tech (gadgets, computers, etc.)
- How J’s Ubuntu situation is going
- Renee learning .NET again
- Lasagana Cups
- Homemade Sloppy Joe’s
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Jalapenos (will be trying from Palatinus’ suggestion)
Odds and Ends
- Amazon Subscription Service
Podcast of the Week (Until we run out of Podcasts)
- Coverville! http:// www.coverville.com
- Cover Stories
- A Capella Series
- Request Series
- Indy Series
You can reach us by email at email@example.com. The podcast Twitter feed is http://www.twitter.com/atvalentineblog. J’s Twitter feed is www.twitter.com/theCaoboi and Renee’s twitter feed is www.twitter.com/theIceflow
Outro Music Talib Kweli “So Low”