Name: Baked Ziti
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 pound Ziti
- 1 pound lean ground beef or Italian Sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese
- 6 oz sliced mozzrella cheese (can use shredded if you don’t have sliced)
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown beef or sausage over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; saute until tender. Drain off fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a lightly greased 3 quart baking dish, place about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Spread on a layer of sour cream and half the spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Cover with remaining pasta, cheese and sauce; sprinkle a layer of Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.
- You can substitute any tubed pasta. I used penne.
Name: Crocker Macaroni and Cheese
By: Cynthia Crocker
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 35 to 40 min
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 ½ cups of elbow macaroni
- ¼ box of Velveeta (2 lb box)
- 4 oz mild cheddar
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions in salted water. Drain.
- In a glass baking dish, combine prepared elbow macaroni, Velveeta, and cheddar cheese.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and add to elbow macaroni.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir thoroughly. It will be a little watery.
- Bake at 400° 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.
- This is a great family dish so make sure to double the recipe for family!
- For some extra spice, add red pepper flakes
- For extra cheese, you can add some on top ten minutes before baking until it melts.
This recipe is so easy to do!
Name: Coffee Crusted Steak
By: Renee via kevinandamanda.com
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 (8 oz) ribeye steaks
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ground coffee (hazelnut)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Season steaks with salt & pepper, then cover with ground coffee.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and add the butter and olive oil, and heat until the butter is just browned.
- Cook steaks for 3 mins on each side. Let rest on a plate covered with foil for 5-10 mins before serving. Enjoy!