The Valentine Cast Show Notes
Coming to you, from Louisville, KY! It’s the ValentineCast with your Amused couple, J and Renee Valentine.
Intro Music – Who Loves Me by Pretty Lights – http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/#/home
Today is Monday, May 13, 2013 and this is Episode 107!
I Shit You Not
Ed Lover on Lauryn Hill
Graduating best friend
Media (Movies, Games, Books, Television Shows, Music)
Movies By Chance: Result: 43 – Skin; Clerks
Movie for Next Week: 135 – Beware of Christians; 26 – Freakonomics
Iron Man 3 (redux)
Jack is Back!
Weight Loss Update – Week 45
J : 1.2; Total: 98.2
Renee: Maintained! 85.6
Total – 1.2 ; Grand Total: 183.8
Frogpants total – 3350.3 pounds for 253 people. That’s 13.24 pounds per person.
Try This: Blueberry Muffin Popcorn
Odds and Ends (Bumper provided by Johnny Feisty)
Pick of the Week
Dude singing at the gas station
You can reach us by email at email@example.com. You can also see our blog at valentinecast.com. The podcast Twitter feed is ValentineCast. The facebook page is facebook.com/Valentinecast You can also call us at (415) 758-2278 Video can be seen at http://youtube.com/ValentineCast J’s Twitter feed is theCaoboi and Renee’s twitter feed is theIceflow.
Outro Music: Pretty Lights – If I Gave You My Love from the Pretty Lights Music
So we had a pretty good weekend this past weekend. Lots of laughs, fun, and good times. So let’s get to it!
- The King’s Speech: Renee has been wanting to see this movie for weeks and weeks ever since she first heard about it. She has had a stutter since she was six years old so she knew the content of the movie would be immensely personal. We loved how they approached it. Every stutterer has a different experience but the frustration is all the same and we think Colin Firth really expressed that accurately. Some scenes were hard for Renee to watch. When the King was yelling at his son to try harder, just get it out, take his time, she almost had to look away. Excellent movie and we recommend it to anyone. Plus the two movie tickets for $9, so it was a steal. Thanks Living Social!
- Rift: Rift was great as usual. We got up to level 30 and we’re still having a blast. Weirdly, one of Renee’s favorite parts on that game is riding around on my horse We love playing together and it’s the whole reason we play the game as much as we do. We make every game great for each other in that way..
- 24: I absolutely love 24. I blame J for getting me addicted to it. It’s all his fault. I’m always like…just one more hour! I’m on season 2 and I look forward to getting caught up.
- Penn Station Subs: So we have always been reluctant to try Penn Station for whatever reason. Well it turns out we should have tried it years ago. It’s so great. They actually put your meat on a grill with the vegetables before putting it on the bread. Plus they have a fries. Renee’s a sucker for fries.
- Control Alt Geek: We were guests on the podcast Control Alt Geek with Aprillian and Jeppy and had a great time. We talked about our podcast coming up and we talked about the problems and questions that we had. It was really fun and comforting all at the same time.
- WoW: We raided in WoW as usual this weekend. We tried a new boss. There’s progress but it’s slow. We are 10/12 on this raiding tier which is pretty good. As long as there’s progress, we’re OK with the wipes.
- Pretty Lights: J found a band while watching a WoW raid boss kill video. He really liked the music that was used during the video and he did some research and found a band called Pretty Lights. All their music is free and you can give a donation if you feel so inclined. Their style is electronic, soul, funk and R&B. He’s a DJ out of Colorado and it’s not your typical hip hop give it a try! They have a cool, smooth vibe and Renee really enjoy it. Good job, J!
- Blue Snowball Mic: Our Blue Snowball Mic came in this weekend and tested it and did some test recordings. We really enjoy the mic and we sound great. We can’t wait to get content out there for you all and us!
- Renee watched Fistful of Dollars for the first time. Pretty good for a movie made in the sixties. Clint is the badass of his time. Loved that he had no back story but yet he cleansed the whole time.
- Watched about four episodes of 24. This series is so easy to watch one and then another…then another…then another. You keep wanting to see how Jack will get out of this time. Excellently done even with all the bloopers that we found.
- Played Rift which we will talk about coming up. Rift is a ton of fun even though there are so many abilities you can have. The art is gorgeous and there’s no pressure. We just enjoy myself in that game.
- Renee managed to get through another series in her comic collection that she’s behind on. She finished up Dark Avengers. She loved this story arc. It’s almost like the dirty side of the Avengers. Maybe the dark side of the regular Avengers.
- We went to Indianapolis to eat at Big Bub’s Burgers and Ice Cream. The burgers are great, the waffle fries with bacon, cheese and sour cream were amazing, and the cinnamon crumb ice cream was decadent. We’ll be back. Even with those creepy statues.
- We raided Friday and Saturday with the best raid team I’ve ever had. We made a bit of progression with the boss that we wanted to but didn’t really get him down. Even if we didn’t, we still had tons of fun. Thanks for all the laughs, Not in the Face.
- J started reading “Machine of Death” this is a pretty good compilation of short stories that revolves around people that know what their cause of death is going to be but do not know when it will happen. You should check it out it’s creepy and causes some laughter.
- J played some Minecrarft on Sunday and figured out the “cart exploit” on making the minecart go faster and not have to use a powered minecart.
- J tried to help a lady with her groceries in Carmel, Indiana but she looked at me funny as if I was going to steal her bread. (See the bullet above about the creepy statues)
- We got our Outloand Dungeon Hero achievment this weekend. It didn’t take us long. I just want to thank Blizzard for making me redo them all over again! (sarcasm)
- J purchased “You Don’t Know Jack” for the XBOX360 this weekend and played Nate with it. That game is fun and the humor is awesome. Look for a review at a later date. I definite party game!