Episode 019 – Camping
Coming to you, from Louisville, KY! It’s the @Valentine Podcast with your Camping couple, J and Renee Valentine.
Intro Music – Who Loves Me by Pretty Lights – http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/#/home
Today is Monday, July 18, 2011 and this is Episode 19! Sponsored by Maphook at Maphook.com.
- Sade is coming to Louisville!!!! Sept 9th!
- Cocos Lokos – Caribbean buffet
- Time with the Crockers
- Worked on Podcast stuff mixer/software, etc.
Tech (Gadgets, Computers, etc.)
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Sears iPad2 Fiasco
- Update to the Maphook application can embedded Youtube video and include Youtube video in your hooks.
- Spotify debuts in the U.S.
Media (Movies, Games, Books, Television Shows)
- Netflix introduces new plans and announces price change
- Netflix and Miramax nearing deal
- The Rite
- Finished Dragon Age Origins
- Continued on with Uncharted
- Finished Uncharted
- Listed two games on Glyde: Enslaved and Uncharted
- Will continue on with Batman: Arkaham Asylum
- J started inFamous
- Played World of Warcraft camping for Loque’nahak
- Ended up getting Aotona (pretty purple bird) Silly hunter making my npcscan go off on purpose. Named Echospawn
- Loque’nahak achieved!!!!!!
- Created a Clan of Darkness Anthem Cover
Food– Music (L’Estro Armonico, Op. 3 – Concerto No. 8)
- Honey Chicken Skewers
- Try This! 5 Minute Cake in a Cup (Kichelle)
Odds and Ends
- Fishy Smell at work but missed out on AC being down
- Fusing bags together! (Thanks Monstar!)
- Birthday shout outs to Cruelfin, Sisters and Nate Scott a.k.a 8bitM3
Podcast of the Week(Until we run out of Podcasts)
- Anothershow (http://www.anothershow.com/)
- with Bill Doran (@chinbeard) and Dodd Vickers (@thewizard)
- Welcome to “Another Show!” This is a podcast discovery show in which Dodd Vickers and Bill Doran interview leaders and pioneers in podcasting, dig deep into the library of available podcasts and attempt to help you find the hidden gems that will become your next guilty pleasure.
- Jim writes:
Hey you two,
I just downloaded and listened to several episodes of the podcast after discovering it on the extralife forums. I’m loving it so far, especially as I live right across the river in New Albany. My favorite segment is when you guys talk about food.
Also, I didn’t realize there were any AIE guildies in the Louisville area (though I never asked). My main in AIE is Zobbo, which is what I go by in the forums. I’ve done some bumpers and junk for a few podcasts, including some FrogPants ones (“Police Cops”, “AIE Call for Help”, e.g.), so if you ever need some, please let me know; it’s sort of my way of showing appreciation. 🙂
Jim / Zobbo
p.s. I make pretty good homemade cherry pie, so if there’s ever a Louisville meetup, I’m totally bringing it.
- Loweryc: @thecaoboi @theiceflow wieuxt! wieuxt! Listening to the Simulated Couple on @atvalentineblog podcast!
- Brudog: Tonight’s drive home was brought to you by the @atvalentineblog podcast. I know I’m behind. @atvalentineblog sounds great. Better than many professionally produced podcast. And the content is always golden. Iceflow sounds HAWT on the @atvalentineblog podcast
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also see our blog at atvalentine.com. The podcast Twitter feed is atvalentineblog. J’s Twitter feed is theCaoboi and Renee’s twitter feed is theIceflow
Outro Music: – “Let It Go” by Brandi Emma from the SXSW 2011 Showcasing Artists