Recipe Exploration: Mexican Chicken Casserole
Name: Mexican Chicken Casserole
By: Renee Valentine
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 4 oz can of chopped green chiles
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until soft.
- Combine mushrooms, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, green chiles, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, black beans, salsa, rice, and chicken. Place in a greased 9X13 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole and bake until melted.