Recipe Exploration: Vegetable Parmesan Penne
Name: Vegetable Parmesan Penne
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup of chopped squash
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cups sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil chopped
- 3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss with olive oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, roast asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, squash, and onion until flecked with dark brown. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Saute garlic and sun-dried tomatoes until heated through. Toss with penne, roasted vegetables and Parmesan. Place in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until hot.
- Good idea to use a stir fry mix to save on time and money. Be careful using frozen. Fresh seems to work best with this recipe
- This would be excellent with chicken, shrimp or bacon if you are feeling meaty
- You can add in oil from sun dried tomatoes for extra flavor