Sloppy Joe Recipe
So as we spoke about on our second episode of our podcast. J made sloppy joes and they were so delicious! They were very simple to make and just a little time. I doubled the recipe so that we would have leftovers. Also with the meat I put in half ground turkey and half ground beef to make it some what a little more healthy. If you give it a try let us know we’ll like to know how it turns out for you!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.