Recipe Exploration: Crocker Family Macaroni and Cheese
Name: Crocker Macaroni and Cheese
By: Cynthia Crocker
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 35 to 40 min
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 ½ cups of elbow macaroni
- ¼ box of Velveeta (2 lb box)
- 4 oz mild cheddar
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions in salted water. Drain.
- In a glass baking dish, combine prepared elbow macaroni, Velveeta, and cheddar cheese.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and add to elbow macaroni.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir thoroughly. It will be a little watery.
- Bake at 400° 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.
- This is a great family dish so make sure to double the recipe for family!
- For some extra spice, add red pepper flakes
- For extra cheese, you can add some on top ten minutes before baking until it melts.